There are many factors to consider before deciding if you should seek help through an addiction rehab. Some of these factors include the dysfunction in your relationship dynamics, your mental and physical health, as well as your decision-making processes.
Please note that these signs may be hard to recognize right away, as many addicts would be in denial. There are also high-functioning addicts who would continue doing what they’re doing, thinking that there’s nothing wrong and they’re not causing themselves or anyone harm.
Taking the first step towards recovery and sobriety is not easy, but recognizing that there’s a problem can be a powerful catalyst to finally make that change.
Signs You Need Rehab Now
- Your use of drugs, alcohol, or other addictive substances has become your main priority
- Your physical health and mental well-being are suffering
- You take excessive amounts to get high or get the effect that you want
- You have a mental health disorder
- You have countlessly tried (and unsuccessfully) to quit on your own
Thinking about the above considerations can help you assess where you are in your life and how you’re using substances or behaviors to cope. It helps you recognize any distress you are causing and any dysfunction you have in your life through your drug use, drinking, or behaviors.
Once you have figured out if you need to go to rehab, here are some benefits of going to rehab. You’ll find below a list of services that will give you a better picture of the support you can get once you check yourself into rehab.
Benefits of Going to Rehab
- Proper screening and diagnosis of substance use disorder
- Proper screening and diagnosis of any co-occurring mental health disorder
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Full physical exam
- Full psychological and/or psychiatric evaluation
- Addiction and mental health education
- Personalized and holistic addiction treatment plan
- Counselling and therapy sessions
- Reintegration services and aftercare support
Making a Decision to Go to an Addiction Rehab
An initial consultation with a mental health professional or inquiring with us at Bridges of Hope can give you an objective assessment of your condition to determine if you need treatment.
It’s better to act now than wait for things to get worse. Addiction can damage your life, those of your family members,’ and cause a lot of hurt as well. At the same time, these problems can be treated and managed with the help of recovery professionals. Many people who undergo addiction rehab treatment find themselves living sober, fulfilling lives. They feel more empowered and are doing better.
Find help today. Talk to us at Bridges of Hope: 09175098826.