When we talk about sex addiction here in the country, most people envision men engaging in sexual and pornographic behavior. However, we don’t give much thought to the fact that sexual addiction affects women too.
In fact sex addiction in women can have different signs and symptoms as compared to sex addiction in men. Let’s take a closer look at how sex addiction in women exhibits itself.
Sex Addiction in Women
In a study published in Sexual Addiction & Compulsivity, the researchers from West Chester University identified the following symptoms that are typically found in women who are addicted to sex.
- Having “love” addiction or relationship addiction, which means going on serial relationships or overlapping ones
- Preoccupation with fantasy
- Frequent use of pornography
- Having overt or exaggerated notions about romance
- Addictive behavior when it comes to masturbation, even compulsion or habitual masturbation
- Being a co-dependent of someone with other kinds or even similar form of addiction
- Preoccupation with exhibitionism
- Promiscuous behavior
- Involvement in prostitution
- Using sex as a means of getting what she wants or getting goods or services
With the hugely significant rise of HIV rates int he country, it’s important to get treated for if you’re addicted to sex before it’s too late. If you or someone you know is struggling with this kind of addiction, Bridges of Hope can give you the treatment you need. Call or text us at 09175098826.