We give you the Top 10 Signs of Addiction, which you have to look out for in your loved one so that you can offer you help and seek the treatment he needs. Once you see the signs, the puzzle pieces would start to fit and then you will find the answers to many of your questions about your loved one’s behavior and attitude.
Here are the Top 10 Signs of Addiction:
- Drastic or sudden changes in mood and behavior.
- Suspicious or mysterious spending habits. Being secretive about the purpose of the money he spends.
- Poor hygiene and neglect in personal grooming.
- Lack of energy or motivation. Abandoning hobbies and activities he once were passionate about.
- Irresponsible behavior at school or work.
- Physical and even mental health issues.
- Engaging in risky, dangerous behavior (such as using needles used by someone else, having unprotected sex, driving under the influence, getting into brawls, committing crimes, etc).
- Craving for the drug or drink and feeling like they need to use or drink in order to function “normally.”
- Rationalization and guilt about using as they are coming down from the high or after using or drinking.
- Trying to stop using or drinking many times but then failing each time. For example, he may vow not to drink that day or to use “just a little” but then ends up drinking or using more than planned.
If you suspect your loved one, such as a friend or family member, to be struggling with substance abuse or addiction, you may want to talk to him about it or convince him to seek help before it’s too late.