What is the secret to success? How can you make this new year count? Here are some tips on how to rock the new year and make 2018 your happiest year yet.
The calendar’s turn to another year is an opportunity to re-orient, re-hash, re-direct, and reflect. It’s also like your life’s reset button. The new year is that time when you are looking forward to another time, another year, that is full of promise.
One this is for sure, though. We all want to be better, happier, more successful, healthier, more fit, more social, more connected, and more positive. In short, we just want to be better in hopes that this will give us our best year yet.
So without further ado, we’re here to help you out.
Here are some tips on how to make 2018 your happiest year yet.
How to Make 2018 Your Happiest Year Yet
1. Make peace with the past. While you can consider 2018 a clean slate, a fresh start, or a new chapter, this doesn’t mean you should forget about the past. You should learn from it. Don’t make the past define you, instead make peace with it and move on. Unburden yourself from the baggage of the past so you can live in the present and look forward to the future.
2. Take on an attitude of gratitude. Gratitude makes even the simplest things the most magnificent of miracles. Practice being grateful for at least 5 things in your life as soon as you wake up, and the sooner you adopt an attitude of gratitude, the better you feel–and you can make 2018 your happiest year yet.
3. Let time heal things. While there are things that you can’t easily brush off and compartmentalize, you should learn to let go of the things you can’t control. Only time can tell how things will turn out in the end. Be patient with yourself and with others, and let time heal.
4. Own up to your happiness. Only you are responsible for your happiness. Own it. The sooner you realize this, the happier you become.
5. Let go of the unnecessary. Learn to let go of the worry and the crippling ways of thinking and coping. Instead of dwelling on the negative, turn it on its head and throw it out the window. Then quickly replace those thoughts with positive ones.
6. Stop comparing. When you compare yourself with others, you will never be happy. You will always see that there are people who are worse off or better off than you. Basing your happiness on what others have or don’t have is superficial and soon, this way of thinking can be a prison.
7. Smile more. Even if you don’t feel like it, smile. Soon, your heart will reflect your face. Smiling is contagious and the world needs more of it!
In this new year, your happiness is your own decision. Make a conscious effort to choose to be happy. We at Bridges of Hope wishes you a more meaningful and more positive year ahead.