Success rates of rehab programs and facilities are difficult to quantify. This is primarily due to the fact that rehab facilities can’t keep track of how many of their residents or clients have stayed sober and on the path of recovery from their program for so long. It’s hard to predict life-long recovery.
Many rehab centers can only measure just how many of their residents have completed the rehab program. This said, it’s of course a safe bet to go with rehab centers that have a higher “success” or completion rate, such as Bridges of Hope, which has 86% success rate. With this as a benchmark, you can tell which program or facility is able to support and sustain their clients throughout the treatment process. After all, completing the program is crucial in promoting recovery, establishing a lifestyle of sobriety, and preventing relapse.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common traits of the most successful rehab programs.
1. Personalized and updated treatment plans. People change, and individuals have unique needs. The most successful rehab programs understand these so well. Therefore, they adapt. Knowing that addiction is a complicated disease, Facilities such as Bridges of Hope, which has branches in Parañaque City, Quezon City, Batangas, Pampanga, and Cebu work under the same framework of individualized treatment plans. We take into account each client’s unique problems, circumstance, and needs. We also update the plans whenever necessary in order to adapt to what is needed by our patients.
2. Varied therapy methods. Addiction treatment shouldn’t be static. Neither should it be dull and simple. Therefore, there should be diverse therapy methods for a more holistic approach to addiction treatment. Therapy options may include group therapy, individual therapy, physical exercises, art therapy, music therapy, and more.
3. Mental health care must be a high priority. There is what’s called co-occurring disorders, in which addiction and mental illness occur together and feed off each other. The most successful rehabs can provide treatment for both and understand that these treatments must be well-coordinated.
4. Strong support groups are established. Good rehabs understand the importance of having a strong support system to help their clients navigate sobriety and recovery. Having the opportunities and avenues for them to talk to others who may have gone through the same road makes them feel empowered and less alone. Having this connection can help them feel grounded in their own recovery. This also provides them a healthy environment where they can get support and offer support back, which is therapy in itself.
5. Offering evidence-based treatments. Rehabs must have programs that are backed by studies and science to be effective. There is a methodology and there is documentation. This also means that the treatment program and therapies have helped other similar individuals.
Evidence-based treatment would include medically supervised detoxification, counselling, therapy, withdrawal medication, after-care plans, and many more.
6. Enforcement of holistic, healthy, and positive life skills. The most successful treatment programs would teach recovering addicts life skills to equip them in s kind of life wherein they have to deal with its ups and downs without having to resort to drugs, alcohol, or unhealthy activities. Such rehab centers would also promote a healthy lifestyle and a positive outlook.
7. Long-term treatment is a necessity. Recovery doesn’t happen overnight, and the most successful rehab centers know that very well. It takes a village to help a person achieve life-long sobriety. It takes a lot of time too. If a facility tells you that you can be treated faster, or in less than three months, this needs reconsidering. Studies have shown that a minimum of three months is necessary for addiction treatment to be viable.
While all these characteristics are reliable benchmarks when choosing a rehab center in the Philippines or anywhere else, for that matter, your success in recovery still depends on you. You must be willing, determined, and committed.
For more inquiries on Bridges of Hope, you may contact us at 09175098826.