Making the decision to go to a rehab is one of the bravest things you may have ever done. At least, it’s a smart idea. You are acknowledging that there is a problem and you’re seeking help.
Choosing to go to an in-patient rehab facility such as Bridges of Hope can help you overcome your addiction. It can also help you be on track to taking back your life, which may have been ruled by your addiction. It can also help you get to the bottom of the problem that led you to use or drink in the first place.
Plan and Prepare Ahead
Before you go into rehab, you first have to make sure you understand your needs so that you can discuss this with the treatment that can best help you recover. This can also help you to mentally prepare for treatment.
- Your addiction. How severe is your drug use, alcoholism, or addiction?
- Your physical state. Do you have physical or medical issues? Does this have to do with your addiction?
- Your mental state. Do you have co-occurring disorders?
- Your relationships. Do you need help working out issues with your loved ones, like your partner or family members? Will you be needing marriage or family therapy or both?
- Your occupational concerns. How is your job or career? This also has something to do with school, if you’re a student. Are you able to get leave for when you go into rehab?
- Your finances. What’s your budget for rehab and how are you going to pay for it?
- Your legal issues. Do you have pending cases? Or have you been arrested due to your substance abuse? Are there appearances that you need to go to that coincides with your time in rehab?
Consider all the factors that can affect you and your time while you’re in rehab and how you will be impacted by these when you come out. By getting your affairs in order, you can better focus on what you need to do when you’re in rehab.
Talk to the Facility
Talk to someone from the program before checking in. Know what you need to bring to the facility, how much you should pay, how long the program is, and what you should expect once inside.
You can start your journey by calling us at Bridges of Hope: 09175098826.